We hope that you, your family, and loved ones are able to cope with unexpected life changes caused by COVID-19. We can agree that everyone has had to alter their daily routines, personally as well as professionally.
Our valued customers have partnered with us in serving children and families nutritious meals essential to healthy living. As of recent, we’ve been able to serve outreach programs and local centers with supper meals surrounding the Milwaukee community during these trying times.
As a response to COVID-19, we wanted to update you on the new and different ways that Fresh & Safe, Inc. has been able to continue its business in providing pre-packaged meals that satisfy the palate and energize the brain. As we operate during the pandemic, we designed and have implemented processes that we find to be most advantageous to our customers as well as our workers.
- Learning how vicious COVID- 19 disease is, as an essential service provider, practicing good hygiene is important, especially when handling foods. As a safeguard to ourselves and those we serve, we apply CDC guidelines on “How to Protect Yourselves and Others.” You can find more information at this link.
- We cover our mouths and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. Although, this does not protect you from contracting the disease, it does protect you from possibly spreading it. According to the CDC, face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of the coronavirus to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- We practice social distancing by working 6’ apart between work stations.
- The Wisconsin Restaurant Association offered a free Food Handler course and examination, which meets our company’s skill requirements as a food service provider. Many have taken advantage of the opportunity and 72% of the team are now Food Handler certified. Kudos to them.
- We conduct daily stand-ups amongst departments. This process allows the team to learn and share effective action plans for securing meals.
- Milwaukee area schools have closed for the remainder of this school year. We will continue to serve those who have chosen to be a meal site for children and families in need. Those impacted by employment loss can apply for state unemployment benefits. Please see the following link to find unemployment resources for Wisconsin.
This spell, although unpredictable, has forced us to take a closer look at our infrastructure to find ways for improvement and growth. In the upcoming months, you will start to see changes to our website, receive more digital correspondence via email and through our Facebook page. As well as a transition from paper to paperless. Of course, this will evolve over time.
We intend to keep these principles as a priority as we navigate through these unsettling times together. However, we are committed to continuing our communication with you as the situation progresses.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.